WPX Hosting Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (T&C, Terms, or Agreement) apply to your participation in the Affiliate Program offered by WPX Hosting (WPX, we, us, our) or any of our affiliate entities.
By registering as an Affiliate, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, you are not permitted to participate in this Affiliate Program.
Joining our Affiliate Program
WPX Hosting reserves the right to revoke requested or current affiliate access due to non-compliance with the Terms of Service.
As a WPX Hosting Affiliate, you agree that:
- Affiliates who attempt to purchase hosting on WPX through their own affiliate link will NOT be entitled to an affiliate commission. This action may also result in the affiliate being permanently suspended from the WPX Hosting affiliate program i.e. it’s a form of affiliate fraud.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with full and accurate account information and to keep that information up to date.
Account information includes (but is not limited to): contact details, all websites addresses where WPX Hosting will be featured in your Affiliate Promotion, promotional practices and means, payment details, tax information as well as any other details we may require.
Failure to include any of the above information may result in exclusion from our Affiliate Program, or even suspension or termination of your Affiliate account and forfeiture of any commissions.
- You should act in good faith to refer customers in good standing. Avoid customers who may be flagged for fraud risk, cannot provide valid contact information, have active accounts that exceed their monthly hosting limitations, or are inactive users overall.
Avoid taking actions or making recommendations that results in potential revenue loss for WPX Hosting.
- You should avoid using any copyrighted or third-party material without the proper licenses, this applies to your referrals as well.
- You should leave icons, buttons, banners, graphics, files, or content found in WPX Hosting’s links alone and refrain from editing, altering, or modifying them without written approval from us.
- You should not engage in any blackhat SEO/spam link building practises to generate more referrals. Nobody likes that.
- You must abide by any applicable laws, follow local etiquette, and you must disclose the affiliate relationship with WPX Hosting on your website.
- You should be loyal and considerate to WPX Hosting and should not misuse its confidence nor damage its reputation.
- The only hosting plans you may refer customers to are the Business, Professional, and Elite hosting plans, as listed on WPX’s Plans & Pricing page on the main website.
- You will NOT copy the WPX Hosting website for affiliate marketing purposes OR register/use any domain where wpxhosting – or a variation of it – is part of the root domain name as this may mislead potential customers about the ownership of that site.
Please only use our approved promotional materials (found in your Media Centre) when promoting WPX Hosting. Approved materials contain the WPX Hosting trade name as well as our logo for display on your Affiliate Site and slogans.
The material in your Media Centre is available for you to download and use for your promotional projects on websites owned, operated, or controlled by WPX Hosting. If there are any promotional materials that you feel are missing from our Media Centre, or are interested in your own marketing media, please contact us and we will discuss the possibility of customized promotional material.
Please follow the guidelines below when advertising and promoting WPX Hosting:
- Do not promote WPX Hosting using non-unique, copyright infringing content or via spam or unsolicited emails, unauthorised linking in forums, newsgroups, or message boards, etc.
- Do not bid on keywords or phrases containing WPX Hosting or Traffic Planet Hosting (including misspellings or variations of this trademarks) on Pay per Click campaigns with Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, or other Search Engines without our written approval. If we spot a PPC campaign containing our brand name, we will inform you and give you couple of hours to remove your ads. If not, this will result in the affiliate being permanently suspended from the WPX Hosting affiliate program.
- You cannot provide any cash-back, coupons, vouchers, rewards (or any other kind of price-saving methods or incentives) to your audience to gain sales without our approval.
- Do not use our promotional material (including our name and logo) in any way that would negatively affect our company image or philosophy.
- Only track your affiliate commissions by the actual click-through methods provided and nothing else.
- Please conduct your Affiliate marketing in line with our normal Terms of Service. To highlight an example, please do not market us via websites that we explicitly forbid in our ToS, such as those with pornographic, bigoted, or any other kind of objectional content that we have outlined.
- Keep your own business and ours separate; your own domain name, company logo, trademark, etc must not contain keywords or phrases containing “WPX Hosting”, including any misspelled or confusingly similar names/keywords/phrases. Please ask for permission before making such decisions.
Affiliate Tracking Cookies
Affiliate commissions are tracked automatically using cookies. The cookies are placed in the browser of the user that clicks on the affiliate link to reach our website. Each cookie is stored for 60 days. If there is a previous affiliate cookie in the same user’s browser the new cookies won’t overwrite it. WPX Hosting is not responsible for cookies intentionally deleted by users.
WPX Affiliates receive a commission for each sale for any valid referrals to WPX Hosting.
The commission rates for WPX Affiliates (applicable for Business, Professional, and Elite hosting plans) are as follows:
- 1 → 25 sales = $70 per sale
- 26 → 100 sales = $85 per sale
- 101+ sales = $100 per sale
If referred customers buy a monthly plan, the referring affiliate is eligible for a commission after 4 consecutive months of the hosting subscription. Thus the affiliate commissions for monthly plans are paid to the referring affiliate after a 4-month period (to combat affiliate fraud).
Pending commissions in each WPX Affiliate’s dashboard show the potential commissions that will be paid IF the referred customers do not cancel their WPX service before the commission amount has been covered by that customer’s payments to WPX.
A “sale” is a hosting service purchase that had been approved and paid as a commission to you.
For example, let’s say that as a WPX Affiliate, you have 10 sign-ups in total –
Below are guidelines to clarify a valid sale:
- Your active referral efforts have resulted in a sale, whereby the customer arrived at our website, ready to purchase, via your Affiliate link – as indicated by a cookie.
- At the time of sale, your WPX Affiliate account was active.
- А customer WILL NOT be considered as a successful affiliate referral if they:
- The referred customer MUST be NEW to our hosting service (NOT a past, returning customer) and is NOT a current WPX Affiliate.
- The successful sale was for our Business, Professional or Elite hosting plan, on any billing cycle.
- The customer completed their purchase without any (outside) assistance from you (the Affiliate) whatsoever.
- The referred customer has paid via their OWN Credit Card or Paypal account. Payments completed via the Affiliate’s payment methods are considered fraudulent and may result in the WPX Affiliate’s account being terminated.
- If a referred WPX customer has clicked on 2 or more DIFFERENT affiliate links from 2 or more DIFFERENT WPX Affiliates in a 60-day cookie window, the commission is automatically assigned to the Affiliate who attracted the FIRST click, NOT the last.
- WPX Hosting Affiliates are NOT credited with affiliate commissions for purchasing hosting from WPX Hosting for themselves.
- After the sale, the referred customer has maintained an active account and did NOT downgrade to a lower plan.
- Referred customers whose accounts are canceled or suspended by WPX Hosting after 4-5 months are still eligible for commission. If however, the customer’s account was canceled sooner than the 4-5-month cap, commissions are NOT eligible. Referred customers who bought MONTHLY plans are eligible for commissions after 4 consecutive months of subscription. Thus the affiliate commissions for monthly plans are paid after 4-month period. If a discount code is used for the first month, the commission is paid after the 4th regular monthly payment. If, however, the customer’s account was canceled sooner than the 4-5-month cap, commissions are not eligible.
- The initial order (and other renewal payments) are fully processed and therefore not subject to refunds or chargebacks.
- Affiliate commissions will only be paid on the FIRST hosting order referred to WPX Hosting by an affiliate and NOT any SUBSEQUENT hosting purchases thereafter.
Affiliate commissions will only be paid when our tracking system (used by many hosting companies) registers that an affiliate link has been clicked on and a subsequent hosting subscription has been successfully created by the new user coming to us via that link. If no click is recorded, then no commission is payable. These measures help protect our genuine Affiliates and are necessary to prevent affiliate fraud.
You (the Affiliate) will receive all commissions in the form and currency as described on the Affiliate Program signup page unless you have come to an alternate agreement with us.
Your commissions will be paid out ONLY via PayPal and after a holding period of 30-150 consecutive days (this is to protect against fraud). This holding period may be extended, as is our right if we deem it necessary to prevent fraud.
The affiliate commissions are paid only upon request from the Affiliate via ticket. The requested and approved commissions are paid once per week (Friday). In order for a commission to be included in Friday processing, the affiliate should raise a request for commission payment until Thursday. If the affiliate requests the payment of commissions after Thursday, that particular commission will be processed next Friday. You are solely responsible for any transaction fees when you receive affiliate commissions, as well as keeping all your information up to date (such as email and postal address, tax information, etc).
Relationship of the Parties
Both you (the Affiliate) and WPX Hosting (us) agree to enter this Agreement (T&C) as independent contractors only. Nothing in this Agreement will create any sort of partnership, relationship, or joint agency or franchise, etc, between the two parties.
Therefore, this also means that you have no authority to make or accept offers or representations, or to make statements (that would contradict anything said in this T&C), on behalf of WPX Hosting.
8. Account Termination
You may cancel your Affiliate account at any time, just contact us via your Affiliate Hub or via a Support Ticket. You will then receive written confirmation that your account has been terminated.
WPX Hosting can cancel an Affiliate account under the following conditions:
- With a seven-day prior notice without explanation.
- Immediately with no prior notice, if you or your affiliate account violate the Affiliate Program T&C.
Limitation of Liability
Here’s the legal run-down:
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, HOLD US OR OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, AND/OR THIRD-PARTY VENDORS LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, BUSINESS, COST SAVINGS, DATA OR USE, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS BY YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND APPLY EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU IN THE AGGREGATE WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL BREACHES, DEFAULTS, OR CLAIMS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR UNDER ANY OTHER DOCUMENT FOR AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE ONE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING A CLAIM GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This provision shall survive termination of the Terms and Conditions.
Any disputes or claims arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved in accordance with the legislation in the jurisdiction of WPX Hosting’s location.
Changes to the Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions
This Affiliate T&C is subject to change and its contents may be updated or altered at any time and will be effective immediately upon posting.
The current Terms and Conditions are always available here, on WPX Hosting’s website, and can only be altered by WPX Hosting’s permitted staff. If you do not agree with the outlined terms in this Agreement, you are required to cancel your Affiliate account within 10 business days of the date of the amendment (to the T&C).
We’re very glad to have you onboard our Affiliate program; thank you for reading all the way through this T&C and please direct any queries you may have to our Support Team. We wish you the best of success in your campaigns and from all of us at WPX Hosting, thank you for coming aboard!