Support team availability
WPX support team is online and ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all holidays and weekends.
The Support channels are two – LiveChat and the ticket system. When you use the LiveChat feature, the agent will be there to assist you within 30 seconds. Some requests may need more time to be completed and the agent may offer to open a ticket for you.
If your request needs to be escalated to a different department, it will be handled in their working time. You will be notified in the chat or the ticket when to expect a reply.
The normal working hours for other teams in WPX (except the WPX Technical Support team) are Monday – Friday from 9.00 to 18.00h (GMT +3).
Technical Support Limit Policy
While, here in WPX, we work very hard to ensure that site uptime and site speed are maintained for our customers’ websites, there are limits to the technical support that we can offer.
This scenario is not fair, reasonable, or realistic and no hosting company in the world will freely fix faulty 3rd party plugins or software because:
- Highly skilled hosting staff will need to spend hours, days, or even weeks fixing one plugin when that is entirely the responsibility of the original software developer.
- These skilled hosting developers already have a full workload with their normal hosting uptime/performance responsibilities.
- In most cases, properly-coded plugin alternatives already exist and there is no need to keep using faulty ones.
- A quote of many hundreds/thousands of dollars to fix a faulty plugin or add-on software may offend.
- We can recover a site from the effects of a faulty plugin/software but cannot and will not recode that software.
What you can expect from our support:
- If you by any chance experience service downtime, our Support Team will handle your request and check if the issue is connected to the hosting itself or a 3d party service.
- In case our servers are up, but you have issues with your website, our Support Team will troubleshoot and try to find the cause of the issue.
- They may or may not be able to resolve the issue depending on the origin of it.
- If the issues are caused by code resulting in errors, conflicts between different system modules, incorrect content, custom site settings resulting in problems, etc., our Support Team will point you to the best way to resolve the issue. As explained above, there is no way for a skilled support agent to fix a plugin that was badly coded, but they can isolate that plugin as the cause of the website issues.
- If the issues are caused due to server configuration, our Support Team will try to fix it, as long as that does not affect the service for other clients.
- Our Support Team always does their best to resolve the issues you are having if it is within our power to do so.
- They will follow our Fixed For You Guarantee for every one of our customers.
Hosting platform availability
Our hosting configuration at WPX Hosting is a standard LLMP (Linux + Litespeed+ MySQL+ PHP) setup and while that should work for most well-coded plugins and software add-ons, it won’t work for some.
We cannot and will not re-configure whole servers to accommodate the demands of one badly-coded plugin.
We do keep highly tested, proven, and considered stable releases on all software packages we install on our servers. We generally avoid using customized software and do it exclusively when there is no other option.
We are using CentOS 7.6 (or the latest stable version) and stick to the official stable releases of the software packages for this OS, from the official source.
If you are in the unfortunate situation of insisting on using a particular piece of software that is not compatible with our standard hosting configuration (even if it worked OK with your last hosting company), then regrettably we are not the hosting company for you and you will probably be entitled to a full refund.
If you have any other questions on the topic, don’t hesitate to contact the WPX Support Team via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.