We have made accessing your important website files far simpler with our File Manager. This grants convenient access to your site’s files and lets you bypass the more complex FTP process.
In this article, we will show you how to access your File manager and what you can do with it.
Step 1. Log in to your WPX account.
You can log in to your WPX account here.
Step 2. Navigate to your hosting plan.
You can either find your hosting service through the navigation menu or within your dashboard. Once you log in to your WPX account select My Services (1) → WordPress Hosting (2).
Then you will see all of your hosting services with us. When you find the plan that you want to manage, you need to select the orange button Manage service.
Now that you’re in the Hosting Panel, select the File Manager menu.
You can also open the file manager using the server hostname with port 30000. For example, https://s28.wpx.net:30000
Step 3. Open File Manager.
Once in the section File Manager, you will be redirected to another screen with a warning notice and the actual button to the application Open File Manager.
Step 4. Overview and File Manager operations.
Once you are in the File Manager, the Overview will be visible with all the different options on the top bar icons:
Firstly, you need to understand how the File Manager sorts your websites into folders.
There are two types of websites:
- One is your Main website;
- The rest are Sub-sites. The files of those sites are stored in the /domains directory.
In the following screenshot, you can see how these folders are organized:
Step 5. How do I create Files and Folders and upload files?
If you select File from the top menu, you can create new files and folders and upload new files too:
Step 6. What can I do with Files and Folders?
If you right-click on a file or folder, you will be presented with the following options:
You can mainly:
- Rename the file and folders, as well as Download them;
- You can also Delete the selected file;
Note: If you want to download a folder, it will be saved as an archive.
Step 7. Sub-menus.
There are also some sub-menus that you can use to make additional changes such as:
- Clipboard – from here, you can Copy/Cut, and Paste files and folders;
- Select – from here, you can select all files and folders in the current directory, or Select None and remove any selection you have made. Invert Selection will just remove all selected items and select those that were not.
- Tools – from here, you can get Folder Sizes and you can change the permissions of selected files with Chmod Selected. You can also Compress the selected items into an archive and perform a Search too.
If you want to change permissions and are not sure what to change them to, you can always contact us via a support ticket or through Live Chat.
When you want to extract an archive, right-click on the archive and you will see the following options:
The supported file formats for an archive are: .zip, .tar, and .tar.gz.
Another useful feature in our File Manager is the ability to work on different things simultaneously by using tabs e.g.:
These are the main functionalities of our integrated File Manager.
If you get stuck with any function discussed here, please contact WPX Support via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget!) and they will usually respond and help within 30 seconds or less.