If you want to allow a developer to make changes and help run your website, you can add them as contact via your WPX Hosting Dashboard.
Step 1. Log in to your WPX account.
You can log in to your WPX account here.
Step 2. Go to my account menu.
To add a developer as a contact, first, you have to log in to your WPX account and then go to My Account (1) → Manage Contacts (2) → Add new contact (3), as shown in the screenshot below:
Step 3. Fill in your contact information.
Fill in the contact’s details in the required fields, as seen below:
There are two different Account Types:
1. Personal: This is a personal type of contact for only 1 user with default informational fields.
2. Organization: You can choose this option if you are providing access to an organization with a Name and VAT Number (if relevant).
All of the other values (i.e. Country, State, City, Postal Code, Phone, First Name, Last Name, Password, Email, and Address) are required for contact registration.
Step 4. Contact account privileges.
After you have completed the Contact Details forum, you will be asked to set this contact’s privileges. In other words, how much access do you wish to grant your new contact:
To make things easier, we have added a few default setups with predefined settings. These will cover the most common Contact types;
- Full Privileges: The contact has full access to the account and services just like the owner of the account.
- Accounting: The contact can receive billing notifications, with the ability to pay invoices, place orders, view the current balance, and edit Credit Card details.
- Technical Staff: If you are planning to add a developer to the site, this option will be the best one for you. The Technical Staff template will allow the contact to access website files and databases so that the developer can upload/edit any updated content which is assigned to them.
The default templates seen above have predefined settings, if you wish to add additional access and privileges you can select or edit them at any time.
The developer will be able to open new tickets, receive email notifications, and view the current tickets but if you just want him to have access to the files and databases of the site, then you can select only the privileges for Databases and File Manager.
Step 5. Submit.
When you are done with the account information, click on the submit button and provide access to your WPX account to your Developer, Tech person, etc.
If you get stuck with any function discussed here, please contact WPX Support via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget!) and they will usually respond and help within 30 seconds or less.