We don’t want you to leave so if you’re browsing this article and considering doing so, please reach back to us with some feedback. We’ll do our best to make you change your mind!
However, if you’ve already taken that decision, we’re sorry to hear that you’re leaving! More information regarding cancellations can be found below.
Step 1. Log in to your WPX account.
You can log in to your WPX account here.
Step 2. Navigate to your hosting plan.
You can either find your hosting service through the navigation menu or within your dashboard. Once you log in to your WPX account select My Services (1) → WordPress Hosting (2).
Then you will see all of your hosting services with us. When you find the plan that you want to cancel, you need to select the orange button Manage service.
Once you’re there, you should press the More Billing Options button as shown below.
Step 3. Cancellation request.
After pressing the button shown above, a pop-up will appear with further information about the cancellation. Make sure to select Cancel Service (1) and then proceed with Cancel Service (2) button.
The next thing you’ll see is the window below. You can always contact our technical support experts to fix an ongoing issue with your websites, please make sure to use the Chat with us button for that purpose. Press Continue if you’re sure that you’d like to cancel your hosting services with us.
Make sure to fill in all the required fields in order to proceed with discontinuing your hosting plan.
- The first thing would be selecting the Reason for leaving (1) followed by open text fields where you can leave a brief comment about your experience with us.
- Selecting the ‘I acknowledge that my websites will be deleted when my account is terminated and I don’t need backups’ (2) checkbox is important, as this way you confirm that you no longer need the content kept on our servers and you don’t mind us deleting it.
- The next step would be the Request Cancellation (3) button to finalize the process.
A few things to keep in mind before canceling:
- Please make sure to cancel any CreditCard or PayPal subscriptions to avoid being double-charged. We will surely refund you back if that happens, however, avoiding any inconveniences is what we are aiming for.
- After the account termination, your websites will be deleted. The only way to bring them back would be to request an account recovery which has an additional website restoring fee along with the hosting plan’s monthly fee. More about that can be found on our Hosting account restore fee page.
- If you do not see the restore option from your WPX account is because we keep backups for 3 months and most likely the 3 months have passed since the termination of your account.
- A refund would only be available in the first 30 days of your hosting subscription with WPX. More about that can be found on our Refund Policy page.
If you get stuck with anything discussed on this page, please contact WPX Support via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.