In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to configuring your WPX Email account to work with the Outlook 2010 mail client. If you don’t have an email account, please make sure to check our guide on that topic.
Step 1. Log in to your WPX account.
You can log in to your WPX account here.
Step 2. Navigate to your hosting plan.
You can either find your hosting service through the navigation menu or within your dashboard. Once you log in to your WPX account select My Services (1) → WordPress Hosting (2).
Then you will see all of your hosting services with us. When you find the plan that you want to manage, you need to select the orange button Manage service.
Step 3. Locate email settings.
If you already know where your email settings are located, you can skip this step.
You can find the email settings in your emails sent from WPX here (must be logged in to view the page). Look for the email subject that includes the email box you want to set up.
For example, the settings for email@example.com are in the following email:
You can also find the Mail server settings in the E-mail Boxes menu.
Step 4. Open Outlook 2010 on your device.
With your email account settings ready, there are a few very important steps to take – instead of starting Outlook by the icon on your desktop, click the Windows Start Button and type Outlook.
After starting the Microsoft Outlook 2010 app, you need to select File menu → Info → Add Account.
On the first pop-up, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types → Next.
On the second one, choose Internet E-mail → Next.
Step 5. Outlook 2010 connection.
A new window will appear on your screen where you need to fill in the email details from Step 2.
Add the following information:
- Your name – the name that you want to use for your email box;
- The email address that you want to set up;
- Account type – the type of the receiving protocol – IMAP or POP3; You can choose between IMAP and POP3 for the Incoming mail server. You can check the difference between both here.
- User name (if the username is different from your email address add the correct one here);
Keep in mind that you need to fill in the information regarding the Incoming/Outgoing mail servers.
Once you add the SMTP server which in the example below is s28.wpx.net (same as the Incoming server), please press More Settings …
Step 6. Final step – More Settings button.
After pressing the button an additional pop-up will appear with several tabs. You should configure two of them – Outgoing Server and Advanced.
- Outgoing Server tab – here you should check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. By default, the Use same settings as my incoming mail server should be set.
- Advanced tab – here you will be able to set the IMAP/POP3 and the SMTP ports. We recommend settings as 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3) and 465 for SMTP. Keep in mind that if the 465 SMTP port is not connecting, you can also try the 587 SMTP port instead. We also recommend using an SSL type of encrypted connection.
When you are done with the information, click on the OK button.
Once you click on the Next button, the mailbox will test if the configuration is correct.
Below are the results after successfully connecting your mailbox to Outlook 2010.
If you get stuck with anything discussed on this page, please get in touch with WPX Support Team via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.