Do you no longer have use of the maximum website slots/disk storage that your hosting plan allows? Here’s a guide on how and when it is possible to apply a downgrade to your plan.
There are a few important things to keep in mind before proceeding with a downgrade:
- A hosting downgrade will only be possible a week before the end of your current billing cycle. – 7 days for monthly plans and 30 days for all other plans.
- Removing your PayPal subscriptions is a great practice so you can avoid being billed for the higher price of your previous plan (if that happens, yes, we’ll refund the difference between the amount of those two plans).
- In case you’d rather us take care of the whole process, we’ll go ahead and escalate the case to our billing department so they can monitor it (your plan has to be near its due date for that purpose). Please make sure your plan covers the following requirements after the downgrade:
- If you want to downgrade to our Business plan make sure that you do not have more than 5 sites and less than 10GB of Disk Space usage.
- If you want to downgrade to our Professional plan make sure that you do not have more than 15 sites and less than 20GB of Disk Space usage.
- If you want to downgrade to our Elite plan make sure that you do not have more than 35 sites and less than 40GB of Disk Space usage (yes, we may have offered higher limit plans in the past as a part of our Black Friday promotions).
Step 1. Log in to your WPX account.
You can log in to your WPX account here.
Step 2. Navigate to your hosting plan.
You can either find your hosting service through the navigation menu or within your dashboard. Once you log in to your WPX account select My Services (1) → WordPress Hosting (2).
Then you will see all of your hosting services with us. When you find the plan that you want to downgrade, you need to select the orange button Manage service.
Step 3. Downgrade button.
Once you’ve made sure that your plan covers the requirements mentioned above to apply plan downgrade, you can proceed with the downgrade button. The button is only visible a week before the end of your current billing cycle. – 7 days for monthly plans and 30 days for all other plans.
A pop-up will appear with the plans available for downgrade. Please select the desired one.
After continuing, you’ll have to go through the next confirmation pop-ups and our system will generate a new invoice with the amount of the plan you’ve downgraded to.
As you may have already removed your previous PayPal subscription, you can now set up a new one for the downgraded plan’s amount, here’s a guide on how to do that.
If you get stuck with anything discussed on this page, please get in touch with WPX Support Team via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.