Now it’s even easier to submit your migration requests through our new migration form.
You can find the form either via Support (1) → Website Migration Request (2);
Or via Support (1) → Open New Support Ticket (2) → Website Migration Request (3);
Note: This will only be visible for logged-in users.
You must enter all the required details of your old hosting account.
This time we have put an examples in most of the required fields.
1. First, you need to enter the domain you want to migrate with us, as seen below;
2. Every WordPress website has a loggin page to it’s backend. Because this link can be changed easily with a plugin, please let us know yours! By default the link is yourdomain.com/wp-admin
3. In order to be sure that the website is exactly the same as on your previous hosting, we need wp-admin credentials. If you do not trust us with us with your main admin credentials, please create a temporary ones.
4. Some WordPress applications are installed outsite the /wp-content folder, the dashnex application for example. If you are aware for similar application in your installation, please let us know about it!
Then you need to grant us access to your website’s files through one of the following:
- FTP/SFTP and phpMyAdmin
- Backup (must contain files and database).
If you don’t have access to any of those, select Other and let us know what you can provide for us.
After that, you need to fill in the required fields.
If you need to migrate your mailbox, or are using an external mail service, now is the time to tell us.
If you don’t need any mailboxes migrated and are not using a mail service, you can select the option “I don’t need any mails transferred over”.
If you want us to migrate your mailboxes you will need to enter the following information;
The Email Incoming and Email Outgoing Server fields usually contain the same information in most cases.
If you have more than one Email address that needs to be migrated, you can add more by clicking the Add more button.
Please note: The fields below are not required; if you don’t have this information or it isn’t relevant, you can leave these boxes empty.
Last but not least, please choose do you want us to install our recommneded cache plugin W3TC which works best with our servers and the WPX Cloud.
When complete, you can submit the request and we’ll start the migration process. If all the information is correct, we can start the migration immediately. If we need more information before starting however, we’ll let you know.
If you get stuck with any function discussed here, please contact WPX Support via live chat (use the bottom right hand widget!) and they will usually respond and help within 30 seconds or less.