WPX Hosting offers free site migration from your old host to us. All migrations are done manually by expert WPX staff.
The following points state WPX’s current policy on Site Migrations:
1. WPX offers free site migrations under the following conditions:
- For Business Accounts (5 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 5 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if other companies host the sites.
- For Professional Accounts (15 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 15 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if other companies host the sites.
- For Elite Accounts (35 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 35 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if other companies host the sites.
2. Immediately after WPX completes the site migration, it is the account holder’s responsibility to change nameservers at the domain registrar/s (e.g. GoDaddy, Namecheap) and, if relevant, MX records, so that domains and emails are pointing to the correct hosting service (WPX).
3. For re-migration of a website that has already been migrated to us for the past 365 days (migration of the same website), WPX charges $98 excl. VAT.
4. The above points relate to a specific domain being moved from one or more hosting services over to WPX.
If, however, the actual domain, or a website’s URL address, is being changed (e.g: changing abc.com to 123.com; changing shop.abc.com to 123.com/shop; changing shop.abc.com to blog.abc.com, or changing 123.com/shop to 123.com/blog, etc) then this will require a great deal of additional manual database work.
WPX charges $98 excl. VAT per site for these types of migrations.
Also, remember that migrations from one domain to another are not 100% guaranteed due to encoded URLs in the database.
If this turns out to be the case, we will refund you the amount paid for that migration.
The above point also includes the same type of migration even if both websites are currently hosted with us.
5. Every website migrated to WPX is scanned for malicious code. If we find any malware, the Security team of WPX will clean the website for free, which may extend the time window for migration completion from 24h up to 72h.
What about Email migrations?
Our free migration service DOES include your emails from your old host BUT if you are using a 3rd party email provider like Zoho or Google Apps, the correct records should be added to our migration form (check with WPX Support if unsure).
If you have not provided us with the correct 3rd party email records, we cannot add those during the migration process
What about WP Multisite migrations?
If you are moving an existing Multisite installation from another hosting company to WPX as a Multisite installation here, then that IS a free migration that we DO handle for you.
However, if you are moving a normal, single WP installation from another hosting company to WPX as a Multisite installation here OR require a domain change during a Multisite migration, we do NOT offer that service, either as a free or a paid migration and such a migration is NOT recommended – it is likely to be highly problematic and NOT currently supported here, sorry!
We do not migrate a single website out of a Multisite installation as well.
What about Internal Account migrations?
With regards to internal account migrations from one server to another at WPX, these are added to our Migration Team’s work queue (currently that queue is quite substantial).
We will send you an email notification when the migration team is ready to start.
What about non-WordPress website migrations?
You may have already heard of other CMS like Drupal, Joomla, Prestashop, Magento, etc. Keep in mind that we specialize in WordPress. The tools and optimizations that we eagerly try to improve each day on a server level just won’t work on other platforms/systems. We also cannot guarantee the success of migration when it comes to a different CMS but we can surely give it a try!
If you are running your website on Wix, please contact our Support Team over Live Chat.
If you have any other questions on the topic, don’t hesitate to contact the WPX Support Team via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.