WPX Hosting offers free site migration from your old host to us. All migrations are done manually by trained, expert WPX staff.
The following points state WPX Hosting’s current policy on Site Migration;
1. WPX Hosting offers free site migrations under the following conditions;
- For Business Accounts (5 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 5 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if the sites are hosted by other companies.
- For Professional Accounts (15 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 15 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if the sites are hosted by other companies.
- For Elite Accounts (35 site plan): WPX Hosting will move up to 35 complete websites and their respective emails from another hosting service over to WPX at no charge, even if the sites are hosted by other companies.
2. Immediately after WPX completes the site migration, it is the account holder’s responsibility to change nameservers at the domain registrar/s (e.g. GoDaddy, Namecheap) and, if relevant, MX records, so that domains and emails are pointing to the correct hosting service (WPX).
3. If the account holder fails to change nameservers (and MX records) and requires further migration work, WPX charges $98 per site for additional migration after the original free migration work.
4. The above points relate to a specific domain being moved from one or more hosting services over to WPX.
If, however, the actual domain, or a website’s URL address, is being changed (e.g: changing abc.com to 123.com; changing shop.abc.com to 123.com/shop; changing shop.abc.com to blog.abc.com; or changing 123.com/shop to 123.com/blog, etc) then this will require a great deal of additional manual database work. WPX charges $98 per site for these types of migrations.
Also, keep in mind that migrations from one domain to another are not 100% guaranteed due to encoded URLs in the database sometimes. Of course, if this is the case we will refund you the amount paid for that migration.
The above point also includes the same type of migration even if both websites are currently hosted with us.
5. Every website migrated to WPX is scanned for malicious code. If we find any malware, the Security team of WPX will clean the website for free, which may extend the time window for migration completion from 24h up to 72h.
What about WP Multisite migrations?
If you are moving an existing Multisite installation from another hosting company to WPX as a Multisite installation here, then that IS a free migration that we DO handle for you.
However, if you are moving a normal, single WP installation from another hosting company to WPX as a Multisite installation here, we do NOT offer that service, either as a free or a paid migration and such a migration is NOT recommended – it is likely to be highly problematic and NOT currently supported here, sorry!
We do not migrate a single website out of a Multisite installation as well.
If you get stuck with any function discussed here, please contact WPX Support via live chat (use the bottom right hand widget!) and they will usually respond and help within 30 seconds or less.