If you filled in your first Optimization request and you want to know what will happen with your website continue reading this article. If you haven’t done that yet, you can start an Optimization request as shown here.
Is my site being backed up?
Before starting the optimization process, our team will create a full website backup of your website.
If you are unhappy with the results of changes made, your website can be fully reverted to its original state.
Our optimization team will then optimize your website in the following ways:
- Installing a cache plugin and setting it up correctly to work with the WPX platform and our custom CDN, thereby (usually) improving performance scores on tools like GT Metrix, Pingdom Tools, and Google Page Speed Insights as much as possible;
- Page Optimization – minify/combine CSS/JS. Very important for page scope improvement, but it may not be possible to be implemented on every website. Our experts will do their best to successfully do the minification process for your page.
- Optimization for all images used on the website by reducing image file sizes with minimal loss of quality. This normally improves the loading speed, and test grades and lowers bandwidth consumption;
- Database optimization (removing unnecessary/old tables from the database, to reduce the size and for faster operation). Before the optimization, our team will create a full database backup to ensure that we will return your website fully operational;
- Detailed plugin audit (our team will review all of your plugins and identify those that are delaying and/or preventing the site from working faster). We will make sure to point out every plugin that consumes too many resources.;
- Run new GTmetrix tests on the website before and after optimization, with a list of all the changes that our Security & Optimization team has done;
- Full backups ( files and database/s) before and after optimization, in case you are not satisfied with our optimization.
- You will receive a full report on what has been done to your website when the Optimization team completes their work.
Generally speaking, these are the targets we are aiming for:
- TTFB (Time To First Byte) – under 250ms in the state where it’s hosted, under 400ms internationally.
- FCP (First Contentful Paint) – under 2 seconds.
- LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) – under 4.5 seconds.
- Load Time (document complete) – under 2.5 seconds.
The period in which optimization is completed is 72h – 3 working days, the requests are not being processed during the weekend. Optimization requests sent during the weekend will be started on Monday.
If our Optimization Team is unable to optimize your website for some reason, you will receive a full refund.
If you get stuck with anything discussed on this page, please get in touch with WPX Support Team via live chat (use the bottom right-hand widget) and they will respond and help within 30 seconds or less.